Tuesday 15 October 2013

Travel Tuesday - Mozambique

Flamingo Bay, Inhambane - Mozambique


While I am lying on the beach sipping cocktails in Mauritius, I thought a Beach holiday would be the perfect Travel Tuesday post for today. (Cruel? I know)



Home Sweet Home
In November 2008 Alex and I took a romantic holiday to Mozambique.

We stayed at a place called Flamingo Bay Lodge - literally little houses on stilts in the water.
When the tide was high, we could walk from our patio, down some stairs and have a swim.

There were golf cart shuttles that drove up those little ramps you see in the photo and collected guests every now and then if you didn't feel like the walk to the restaurant and main building.
Our back-yard swimming pool

As per holiday tradition, Day 1: Me and my luminescent white skin got sunburnt in really random places while on a speedboat to go snorkelling. (The sunblock was rubbed off in some parts by the splashing water)
Ouchy

To even it out - I had to tan the parts that weren't burnt and this was the result:


Not very sexy am I?

Mozambique is 1 of my favourite holidays simply because it is not far away from South Africa and the beauty is unspoiled.

The sunsets are amazing and every night before dinner, Alex and I took a self-portrait to document our holiday. 
You can tell how relaxed and in love I am here - who knew that my heart would be broken 3 months later?

Sunset

At least I have these amazing memories!


Photobucket

6 Comments:

  1. Oooh this place is also on my never ending bucket list! :)
    Ahhh hope your heart is better? :) *hug*
    And yay! Where in Mauritius are you? Cedric is Mauritian. And we are spending December with his family.
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed on the East coast - near Palmar/Belle Mare

      Mozambique is definitely worth a visit

      Delete
  2. I am dying to go to Mozambique!! Hopefully one day soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it Claudz. Unspoiled beauty, perfect for unwinding (depending obviously where you go)!

      Delete
  3. It's like something out of a dream, isn't it? I know I shouldn't, but I'm giggling at your sunburn - I bet that was really sore!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.